Under the direction of the SUDS Director, the acupuncturist will provide acupuncture therapy services to adult primary care and SUD/OUD patients. Primary area of focus will be alleviation of stress and anxiety associated with illnesses. There is a part of the population who have substance use disorders and are in various stages of recovery and who are assisted with medication. Treatment for SUD/OUD patients should include but not be limited to treatment for withdrawal symptoms and general full-body wellness. Group meetings are an option, when indicated, for as auricular acupuncture program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide safe acupuncture for adult patients
- Maintain patient’s confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues of the patient.
- Has an understanding and experience in the treatment of SUD/OUD patients
- Meet with patients in 15, 30, 45 or 60-minute appointments
- Provide acupuncture sessions that include brief review of patient’s history, full explanation of procedures and then treatment itself
- Discuss treatment options and preventative measures
- Maintain patient records
- Monitor patients’ progress
- Able to participate within in a team setting and participate in meetings to review acupuncture program techniques to patient and
- Responsible for directing any patient concerns, comments or symptoms that arise during acupuncture session, to their healthcare provider.
- Current and valid Commonwealth of Massachusetts License for Acupuncturist
- Completed training in an accredited acupuncture school.
- Has experience/ training for acupuncture with patients who have SUD/OUD diagnosis
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to make appropriate judgements of the patient to provide safe acupuncture.
- Understand patient’s needs and present information clearly.
- Professional and caring approach with patients
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a diverse population.
- Knowledge and good practice of universal precautions including hand hygiene.
- Follows established procedures and policies related to the care primary care and SUD/OUD patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of acupuncture theory, anatomy and physiology.