The Senior Accountant will Work effectively as part of the Finance Department to ensure accountability for all financial aspects of the health center. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant performs a wide variety of analytical and accounting duties in connection with month end general ledger closing, preparation of financial statements, journal transactions, revenue cycle, management reports and support documentation.
- Manage the workflow of the NEW Health Financial Team to maximize efficiency and develop process improvements.
- Make recommendations about systems to support and enhance the financial management of the NEW Health to improve financial operations and efficiency. Assists with implementation as needed.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the annual operating budgets – volume, gross/net revenues and expenses.
- Interacts with and mentors NEW Health financial team to improve skill level of financial staff with patient billing, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Assists with annual audits of NEW Health. As well as performing tasks to close the general ledger accounts each fiscal year.
- Works individually, or collaborates with the NEW Health Senior Managers, Program Managers as well as other staff, on complex special projects as assigned.
- Provide reports to outside vendors (including federal government) as necessary.
Click here for full list of responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and five years related experience.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Not-for-profit and/or FQHC experience preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple financial systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Peoplesoft accounting software, MIP accounting software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have superior organizational skills.
- Must have strong professional, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible with regards to the specific demands of the job.