The staff dentist works in collaboration with dental staff for the provision of General Dentistry services at both North End Waterfront Health, NEW Health Charlestown and in the community as needed on a case-by-case basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patient care in all phases of general dentistry at North End Waterfront Health and NEW Health Charlestown
- Assists with supervision of all dental staff
- Conducting X-rays
- The staff dentist will assist in hiring new dental staff
- Training of any new dental providers in North End Waterfront Health dental operations and type of dental care expected in the community in the North End and Charlestown
- General dentistry
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of general and children ‘s dentistry
- Knowledge of recent developments in techniques of prevention and treatment
- Knowledge of dental ethics and recent practices governing the dental care and treatment of patients in community dental programs
- Ability to perform minor oral surgery and treat infections of the teeth and mouth
- Ability to perform prosthetics, endodontics and crown and bridge work
- Ability to utilize dental charts, medical records and to write reports
- Ability to correlate dental conditions with systemic disorders
- Ability to work with physically, mentally or emotionally disturbed patients
- Knowledge of Italian/Spanish a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
Ambulatory health care setting
Education: Graduate of an accredited dental school.
Licenses: Must have a degree in Dentistry with a DDS or DMD, current licensure in Massachusetts, current DEA and DPH in Controlled Substance Registration Certificates are mandatory