NEW Health’s Behavioral Health Department has been providing quality outpatient behavioral health and psychiatric services since 1971. Our mission is to provide culturally sensitive and affordable mental health services in a confidential, professional and supportive environment.
We are committed to offering high-quality care from initial contact and intake evaluation to discharge planning and aftercare involvement. As part of the North End Waterfront Health Patient-Centered Medical Home, we provide an integrated care experience that coordinates services with primary care providers, involves relevant family members and includes contact with previous and current providers in other community and health settings. Our goal is to make the most appropriate and effective treatment plan for each patient. Our interdisciplinary team includes a psychologist, licensed social workers and board-certified psychiatrists. All our clinicians are committed to providing thorough mental health evaluation and treatment services to adults, children and families to foster growth and emotional development.
We are affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and all our psychiatrists have admitting privileges there. The NEW Health Behavioral Health Department is also affiliated with Boston Medical Center for in-patient treatment or psychological and neuropsychiatric testing for patients with BMC HealthNet or Network Health insurance plans.
The Behavioral Health Department offers the following services to adults, adolescents and children:
- Diagnostic evaluations and assessments
- Psychiatric evaluations and consultations
- Referrals to collaborative services
- Short-term and long-term individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Child play therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychopharmacological treatment in conjunction with therapy
- Substance use disorder
- Medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction
- Stress management and relaxation therapies
- Smoking Cessation
- Outreach and education services to the North End community
- The Behavioral Health Department offers all its service in English. Language translation services are available, if needed, through a telephonic system. Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances are accepted and services are also available on a sliding fee scale for those who meet eligibility requirements.
North End Fax: (617)643-8127
Charlestown Fax: (857)238-1198