It is our mission to provide comprehensive, high quality eye care for our patients. In collaboration with the New England College of Optometry and the NECO Clinical Network, we manage all aspects of primary eye care by a team of experienced optometrists and a consulting ophthalmologist. We are committed to delivering our services in a caring and compassionate manner, to improve visual health, function, and quality of life.
Our providers perform comprehensive dilated eye exams on children and adults of all ages. It is important for children to have complete eye exams early and throughout childhood, to prevent the development of strabismus (an eye turn or lazy eye) and amblyopia (decrease in vision, not corrected by glasses). Eye exams can also help detect cataracts, glaucoma, retinal disease, as well as diabetes and high-blood pressure.
The eye care department offers the following services:
- Comprehensive vision exams for adults and seniors
- Pediatric vision exams for infants and children (Success in school depends on good vision!)
- Annual diabetic eye health evaluations
- Diagnostic and medical treatment of eye diseases
- Urgent eye care
- Cataract, glaucoma, and macular degeneration screening and consultation/referrals
- Computer vision syndrome evaluation
- Dry eye evaluation and management
- Prescriptions for eyeglasses and sunglasses
- Contact lenses fittings and annual evaluations (including astigmatism, bifocal, and colored contact lenses)
- Eyeglasses dispensary / optical
- Retinal photography
- Automated peripheral visual field testing
- Optical coherence tomography
Our licensed optician can assist you in finding the right frame to meet your individual needs. We are also excited to offer you the most up to date lens technology from Transitions, Varilux, and Crizal. Outside prescriptions are welcome.
We can help you with:
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Prescription sunglasses
- Ordering your annual supply of contact lenses
Our Optical offers:
- Designer frames
- Jimmy Choo
- Marc Jacobs
- Banana Republic
- Great selection at reasonable prices!
To schedule an eye appointment, please call 617-643-8096 (North End) or 857-238-1103 (Charlestown).
North End Fax: 617-643-8122
Charlestown Fax: 857-238-1197