Celebrate Nutrition in March for National Nutrition Month
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
March is National Nutrition Month. This year’s theme is Go Further with Food! It’s a good time to think about how the food we eat affects our bodies. Here are 5 quick tips to help you eat better and stay healthy:
- Eat a variety of vegetables and fruit every day. Try to include a vegetable with every meal, even breakfast.
- Drink water. Avoid all beverages that contain sugar; use cucumber, lemon, lime, or other fruit to add flavor to water.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Use smaller plates to help with portion control.
- Plan meals and snacks ahead of time. Avoid becoming so hungry that you make poor food choices, be prepared.
- Be physically active every day and get enough sleep.
NEW Health is happy to announce the addition of a new nutritionist to our team, Luisa Siniscalchi. If you would like to make an appointment with Luisa, ask your primary care doctor for a referral.