February is National Kids Dental Health Month
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
February is “National Kids Dental Health Month.” Here are some guidelines for good dental health for your child:
Ages 4—24 months:
• Every child should have their first dental appointment before age 1.
• You should wash their gums with a wash cloth after each feeding.
• You can brush new teeth with a soft brush and water.
Ages 2—4 years:
• After your child knows not to swallow toothpaste, they should brush their teeth for 2 minutes twice a day.
• They should use a pea sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
• They should have a dental check-up every 6 months.
• They should continue care as above.
• They should add flossing as soon as 2nd teeth begin to touch.