NEW Health to Designate all Amazon Smile Donations to Food Insecurity Program
What is Amazon Smile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
Here’s how to sign up for AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials or click Get Started
3. Type in North End Community Health Committee and click search
4. Select North End Community Health Committee
5. Start shopping!
6. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. In order for Amazon to make a donation based on your purchases you must shop at smile.amazon.com.
Turn on Amazon Smile in the Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you’re signed up for AmazonSmile (use your web browser to visit smile.amazon.com)
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰)
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
NEW Health’s Food Insecurity Program
NEW Health has been fighting food insecurity since we began our program in 2016. Due to COVID-19, the health center has transitioned to supplying grocery store gift cards to children from the Harvard-Kent and Eliot schools monthly. We’ve also made thousands more available at our two testing locations, distributed hot meals to patients in need, and stocked shelf-stable ready to eat meals for patients who do not have easy access to a kitchen.
All proceeds raised are used to support food insecurity efforts at the health center.
To learn more about NEW Health’s Food Insecurity Program click here.