Healthy Eating New Year’s Resolution
Congratulations on making healthy eating a priority in 2020! Here are some suggestions that focus on what you can do and what you can eat instead of what you can’t. Remember to set realistic goals for yourself, start small, and focus on the positive!
- Add vegetables to your breakfast: try a veggie omelet, spinach quiche, or veggie sticks and hummus
- Drink water: stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day
- Cook more: plan to have more meals at home and more lunches from home; take time to plan out meals and do food prep ahead of time
- Eat more omega-3 rich foods: include mackerel, sardines, salmon, tuna, flaxseed, seaweed, walnuts, or chia seeds
- Eat 2 fruits per day: focus on fresh and frozen fruits without any added sweeteners
- Practice mindful eating: be aware of your hunger and fullness levels; while eating give full attention to the food and how you feel