Tips to Keep Your Immune System Healthy
Following a healthy diet and making positive lifestyle choices will help keep you strong and healthy. Although there are no direct proven links to lifestyle and enhanced immunity, the following tips may be beneficial in keeping your immune system strong and ready to fight infection.
- Eat a diet high in vegetables and fruit. Aim to get 9 servings of vegetables and fruits per day.
- Exercise regularly. Adults should get at least 150 minutes (two and a half hours) of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise every week.
- Don’t smoke. avoid secondhand smoke whenever possible.
- Get enough sleep. The National Sleep Foundation recommends all adults get at least seven hours of sleep per night
- If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. If you don’t already drink, don’t start.
- Keep stress under control. Participate in stress-reducing activities everyday
- Wash your hands!