Healthy Weight Week (Jan 19-25)
January 19-25 is Healthy Weight Week, a time to celebrate healthy habits that last a lifetime. A positive body image and establishing a healthy relationship with food is a good first step in attempting to live a healthy lifestyle. This week is about loving yourself, loving your body, and changing the way you approach health habits. The following are ideas to help you celebrate Healthy Weight Week and begin making changes in your life.
- Start slow. Try changing one thing at a time.
- Focus on positive lifestyle changes.
- Enjoy your eating experience; eat a variety of foods, do not obsess on weight or calories.
- Pay close attention to hunger cues, eat when hungry, stop when satisfied.
- Eat vegetables and fruits every day
- Drink plenty of water.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar.
- Reduce or eliminate refined carbohydrates.
- Add a cardio workout – walking is a great choice.
- Include a weight or resistance workout (such as yoga).
- Get plenty of rest, aim for at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Appreciate yourself. Create positive relationships with family, friends, and food.
- Change your thoughts: Erase negative thoughts and begin positive self-talk.
- Relax. Take time out for yourself. Do something you enjoy every day.
- Find a buddy. Making changes with someone can help you stay committed