Acupuncture uses pressure points to help the body prevent and treat numerous ailments. Acupuncture helps the body fight off illness and decrease recovery time. A Licensed Acupuncturist perform all treatments.
Acupuncture can help:
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Speed recovery from sports injuries such as tennis elbow, neck pain, frozen shoulder, sciatica, knee pain, foot and ankle pain
- Chronic migraines and headaches
- Fight fatigue and increase energy
- Calm anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Regulate digestion
- Improve skin and eczema or psoriasis
- Alleviates withdrawal symptoms
How does acupuncture work?
When an acupuncture point is stimulated (by pressure or a needle), it causes the release of endorphins. This release causes pain signals to be calmed as well as bring oxygen and blood to the area that was stimulated. The increase in blood and oxygen cause the muscle fibers to relax and encourages the natural healing process of the body to take place, helping to reduce pain and inflammation.
What to expect during an acupuncture treatment:
The length of treatment is normally 20 to 40 minutes. Most find the treatment to be relaxing and calming; some patients even fall asleep during treatment.
North End Waterfront Health offers two types of Acupuncture:
- Individual Acupuncture
- Treatment lasts 60 minutes and includes individualized acupuncture points based on your needs.
- $75.00 first visit, $50.00 per follow-up visit.
- Acupuncture for Substance Use
- This is a specialized group service for symptoms associated with substance use issues. Acupuncture can assist the body’s natural detoxification and chemical production to relieve withdrawal symptoms, cravings, help manage stress, and level emotions associated with but not limited to nicotine, sugar, alcohol, and substance use.
Inform your NEW Health treatment team that you are interested and would like to be referred.