Are you a passionate Clinical Dietitian looking to make a difference in patient care? We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Clinical Dietitian to join our dedicated team at Massachusetts General Hospital. In this role, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive medical nutrition therapy using evidence-based practice, including screening, assessment, nutrition care plan implementation, documentation, and patient referrals in accordance with health center policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Clinical Dietitian at Massachusetts General Hospital, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing effective communication to obtain patient information and involve patients in their care decisions.
- Gathering comprehensive patient data, including personal and medical histories, anthropometric measurements, lab results, medications, demographics, and activity levels.
- Conducting nutrition assessments and identifying possible food/medication/herb interactions.
- Analyzing and interpreting nutrition and health assessment data, identifying nutrition-related problems, and establishing nutrition intervention priorities.
- Developing nutrition care plans and follow-up strategies to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Providing nutrition counseling through in-person and telehealth sessions.
- Leading group nutrition sessions.
- Documenting nutrition and health assessment/follow-up in medical records following department standards.
- Collaborating in interdisciplinary discussions focused on patient care.
- Contributing to the care team for patients in our weight management program.
- Educating healthcare professionals on the positive impact of appropriate nutritional care.
- Meeting productivity standards and demonstrating competencies specific to the area of work.
- Promoting nutrition care services to other healthcare providers through effective communication.
- Participating in health center and community activities.
- Actively engaging in process improvement to enhance nutrition care delivery with limited resources.
- Developing a professional portfolio and pursuing continuing education activities to maintain competence.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse patient groups, colleagues, and healthcare professionals.
- Nutrition education and counseling skills to help patients achieve their desired goals.
- Strong prioritization skills when working with limited resources.
- The ability to make decisions that lead to optimal patient outcomes.
- Awareness of the impact of decisions on healthcare delivery costs and accountability for those costs.
- Understanding of the interdependence of all areas of nutrition and food services in providing optimal nutrition care.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Registered Dietitian – Commission on Dietetic Registration (required)
- Licensed Dietitian – Commonwealth of MA (required)
- BS in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related subject / MS preferred.